The interscholastic athletic program at St. Thomas the Apostle School is an integral element of our total education experience, and exists to help guide our students in their spiritual, moral, social, and physical development by holding our Christian Catholic principles as fundamental. We provide a positive environment wherein the student may develop their skills to the highest level of their abilities, test those skills through competition, and enjoy all positive benefits that athletic competition brings.
Our athletic philosophy is designed to support and affirm the overall philosophy and mission statement of St. Thomas the Apostle School and Parish. The maximization of athletic talents, fostering of sportsmanship, encouragement of self-discipline, recognition of team importance, practice of positive health habits, and proper perspective on sports are critical in our belief system.
The objectives of our athletic program are:
- Develop Christian and Catholic principles in all endeavors and activities.
- Provide as many athletic activities and opportunities for as many students as possible.
- Help promote general physical fitness, agility, and coordination, as well as an appreciation for physical well-being and the importance it has in the course of life.
- Develop school spirit, morale, and loyalty.
- Develop and promote sportsmanship, team cooperation, courtesy to teammates and opponents, and self-discipline.
- Develop fundamentals, talents, camaraderie, and the opportunity to earn the respect and companionship of peers.
- Develop mutual goals of success.
- Be thankful to God for all that He has given.