School wide, as well as, classroom service projects are fundamentally important to our mission here at STS. Our student council, as leaders in our building, help organize our annual Neighborhood House Toy Drive. STS partners with the Neighborhood House, which allows our students to help run their sale.
- Kindergarten: 50’s Sock Hop – The students dress up in 50’s attire, dance to 50’s music and have treats to celebrate the 50th day of school. They also donate new socks and puzzles to the residents at St. Augustine Manor, which are handed out to them at Christmastime.
- 1st grade: Letters for the Honor Flight – We write letters every month and then send them in April.
- 2nd grade: Can collection for the St. Thomas Food Pantry during the holidays and Caroling for the elderly at Liberty Village and Buehler Home for the holidays.
- 3rd grade: Kids Helping Kids – We collected used books for the Book Rack, then the Book Rack sold these books to help District 150 get new books for a classroom library.
- 4th grade: St. Thomas Food Pantry – toured the pantry, hosted Double Lunch Day, hosted Souper Bowl Collection, wrote notes of cheer to clients, decorated placemats for Thanksgiving dinner, played freerice.org to earn food for needy people worldwide.
- 5th grade: Honor Flight – decorated bags for the letters and some students attended the Honor Flight.
- 6th grade: Can collection for the St. Thomas Food Pantry during the holidays with the 2nd graders.
- 7th grade: T.A.P.S. – The 7th graders make blankets for the animals at the shelter.
- 8th grade: Southside Mission – The 8th graders pack food bags for the community.