The St. Thomas Childcare Program is provided as
a service to parents who work outside the home.
Precare begins at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 8:10 a.m. At that time children will go to the blacktop area and wait for the morning bell. While in precare students may choose to play in the gym or choose a game to play in the cafeteria. Some students study and use this as an opportunity to work on further school work. Children are welcome to bring a breakfast to eat while at precare.
Aftercare begins at 3:30 p.m. and ends at 5:30 p.m. Our aftercare program offers a variety of activities including:
- After school snack
- Indoor/Outdoor play
- Toys and table board games
- Basketball, kickball
- Quiet area to work on homework
We recognize that our children need:
- A positive caring environment
- The freedom of space, time, and choice
- The encouragement to be imaginative, creative, and resourceful
- Rules kept to a minimum, but consistently enforced
We hope all children coming to St. Thomas enjoy the program!